Honor turns O N E

Friday, July 18, 2014

I know, I know. I am a little late on posting about Honor's first Birthday. Two months late to be exact. But hey, better late than never, right? 

It's crazy to think that I had Honor a year ago... People sure aren't kidding when they say babies grow up so fast! 

Her birthday celebration couldn't have been anymore perfect! It was such a gorgeous 80+ day, which was perfect for all the kids to enjoy the sun and go for a swim. For those of you who follow me on instagram or facebook, You know I have a massive sun burn to show for it! 

We decided to keep it small and quaint, and only invited close family and friends - people who are constantly in Honor's life. It was held at our community lagoon - which is pretty much a man-made beach, the view and setting on a gorgeous day like it was made it all so breathtaking to enjoy the day in. 

Her whole birthday theme was "Sparkle and Shine" which consisted of everything being pastel pink, white, and gold. I purchased a personalized DIY party pack on etsy and printed everything on white cardstock. With that I made 3 banners, water bottle covers, goodie bag tags, treat tags, and a bumbo banner. A lot of printing, gluing, cutting, and assembling happened to make her theme beyond perfect. As many of my close friends and family know, I LIVE for DIY projects! I love seeing the outcome of how creative I can get, and Honor's birthday was nothing short of channeling my inner creativity. 

We had all finger foods to make it light and easy to eat, especially since we were in a beach/pool type environment. Food consisted of: deli pinwheel rolls, mini deli sandwich sliders, Lumpia, salt and pepper chicken wings, chips, homemade fruit platters, and mini "pigs in a blanket". 

As far as sweets/treats go, we had a personal smash cake for honor, a cake for the guests, and homemade oreo pops. See how to make them, here.



The cake was made by a dear friend of mine, who also made my baby shower cake. And let me just say, she is by far the greatest chef/cake maker I have ever encountered. Her work is nothing short of AMAZING, GORGEOUS, and she nails my vision everytime! Check out her facebook page, here.


To be able to celebrate Honors first birthday with people who we consider dear to our hearts, made it that much more special. We enjoyed everyone's company, and was nothing short of fun and amazing. 


Here is a peek of how the party went!



Read about Honor's One Year latests, here.


No comments:

Post a Comment