Just for Mommies ... Post Pregnancy Acne

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I think we can all agree that pregnancy and bringing a new little life into the world is one of the greatest experiences to go through as a woman. But no one really talks about the struggles us mommies go through post baby. Since our bodies change drastically during pregnancy we tend to sometimes be naive that we will bounce right back to our pre pregnancy bodies and overall appearance. Well that's not necessarily the case with many of us. 

Although pregnancy makes all women radiant and glowing like never before, we tend to neglect the changes and recovery process post baby. For me, I can openly admit that my biggest hurdle at the moment is dropping this baby weight, but this post isn't about the weight gained and lost or in process of losing (that'll be for another day). This post is solely intended for the hormonal changes that my body went through Post baby, and I'm sure many of you other mommies can relate... 

I have had pretty decent, clear skin for most of my adult life, despite one bad year of bad acne. During my pregnancy I didn't have a single breakout! My skin was beyond flawless, and I was so grateful for that. Well after I gave birth to Honor my skin went for a turn for the worst! About 4-6 weeks after having Honor my skin broke out all over, due to my hormones trying to balance itself out to its normal state again. It literally left me miserable, and just down and out. After I initially started to exercise and eat healthier for my weight loss purposes, I started to notice my skin on the path to rebalancing itself. Now I know it sounds cliche to say eating right and drinking water makes your skin glow and clear up, but it's true. However this wasn't the only thing I did to clear my skin up completely. After a bit of trial and error, I have come across a skin care routine that has literally worked wonders on clearing up my post pregnancy acne. 

So here are the products that I have witnessed amazing results in clearing my acne issues, and I use them in this order ...

Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser

Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight and Fade Toner

T.D. Dickinson Witch Hazel Cleans & Refreshes Cleansing Pads (THIS IS THE KEY TO CLEARER SKIN!!!) These witch hazel pads have literally cleared up my skin like magic! I kid you not when I say that if I have a new red blemish coming in by the evening, I complete my skin cleansing routine, and the witch hazel pads really diminish and eliminate any new and existing breakouts over night. It's honestly so crazy to me how effective these pads are with acne breakouts. Not to mention they are incredibly inexpensive!

Lastly, I use Oil of Olay Original Moisturizer (nice and lightweight, and doesn't clog pores). 


So those are all of the products I use to try and fight, diminish, and relieve my skin of post pregnancy breakouts. 

Eventually I will incorporate more high end products for anti-aging purposes later on, because it's never too early to "reverse" the aging process - or at least slow it down. 

I really hope that this helps out any of you mommies who may experience post pregnancy acne and don't know what to do or where to begin to clear it up. 

No one should ever suffer or settle for acne prone skin. I know how it feels to be conscientious of your skin and every mommy deserves to love every inch of themselves, especially if it's as easy as buying over the counter products that can help you gain the confidence you once had. I know that has helped me in so many ways! 

Xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hi, You explained the topic very well. The contents has provided meaningful information thanks for visit my link Acne Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although pregnancy makes all women radiant and glowing like never before, we tend to neglect the changes and recovery process post baby. For me, I can openly admit that my biggest hurdle at the moment is dropping this baby Manchas na Pele

    ReplyDelete
  3. So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site.
    Queda de cabelo

    ReplyDelete