Daily Routine

Tuesday, July 22, 2014


Life as a full-time mom, wife, and student is a 24-hour job that requires you to be pulled in a number of different directions. Pretty much all at the same time. Establishing a daily routine became crucial for me in order to get my laundry list of things done - without losing my sanity. In the midst of it all, I always make sure that my day includes something for me personally. Doing things that make me feel good, aides in me being the best mom, wife and student I can be. After all, happy wife, happy life; right?

So here is my daily routine breakdown:

Monday through Friday usually consists of the same thing, with the exception of doctors appointments or other activities that occasionally happen. 

8:15AM My little alarm clock is usually bouncing all over the bed, talking/babbling, and singing, waiting for me to open my eyes. (Some may consider I'm lucky that Honor sleeps till then, but no matter how hard I try, I can't be a morning person. It's still so hard for me to get up even then, sadly.)

I usually have us lay in bed for about 30 minutes before we begin our day. 

8:45AM Time to get up and make the bed. I usually place Honor in her crib while I straighten up our bedroom. I head into her room to watch her read her books for about 5 minutes. During this time, I take my workout supplements (Cellucor Super HD, and Raspberry Keytones stacked - all on an empty stomach) and chase them down with a full bottle of water. Once I'm done, I change Honors diaper and we head downstairs for breakfast. 

9:00AM We usually spend anywhere between 30-40 minutes enjoying breakfast, and watching NickJr shows. 

Breakfast for Honor usually consists of 1 medium banana (or some sort of fruit) and either Cheerios, organic strawberry yogurt or a gluten free waffle - whichever I have on hand. 

Breakfast for me is usually some black coffee sweetened with Stevia, and whatever I have logged in on MyFitnessPal for the morning (making sure I stick to clean eating, and macro counting). 

10:00AM Once we have finished breakfast, I clean and straighten up. This is usually the time when Honor and Bentley run amok playing. Once that's all said and done, we head upstairs to get ready for my morning workout. 

10:30AM Workout for about an hour, either doing HIIT, Plyo, Weights, or going for a 2-3 mile run. If I workout in the backyard, Honor and Bentley are usually running around playing, otherwise they're both in the stroller enjoying the fruits of my labor!

11:30AM Come home, and start preparing lunch. Honors lunch always differs, and mine is once again according to MyFitnessPal log. 

12:15PM Clean up the mess made from Lunch, and then head upstairs to shower. Depending on how messy Honor got during breakfast and lunch, I will have her shower with me. 

12:50PM Time for Honors mid afternoon nap (thank goodness for a moment of silence and rest!). This is usually my opportunity to rest and relax with her, since she can't nap unless I am holding her. Sometimes I am lucky enough to turn my brain off and get a good nap in with her. But a majority of the time I am catching up on things in my phone. That can be social media, emails, or a small amount of school work that doesn't require me sitting in front of a computer. 
 #momlife

2:45/3:30PM Late afternoon snack and play time. 

4:45PM Squeeze in a second workout. Usually opposite from what I did earlier in the morning. So if I did HIIT, weights, etc., I will do my jog at this time, or vise versa. 

6:00PM Sean gets home from work. This is usually my momentary relief time, but then I am on to preparing and making dinner for all of us. 

6:45PM Dinner, then clean up. 

7:45PM Honor and I shower (yes, we co-shower together), then get ready for bed. 

8:30PM Honor has 8oz of milk while we read her Bedtime Bible to her.

9:00PM My opportunity to catch up on things I didn't get to earlier - boutique orders, random laundry loads, school work. Other times, if I have everything else done, I am able to catch up on any shows dvr'd. 

11:30PM/12:00AM FINALLY, Sleep! 

Some could argue that my days seem easy-peasy... BUT any fellow mommy's know that doing all of that with a toddler running around, can have it's good and bad days. I am forever a slave to cleaning up everything that has kept her attention for that brief moment in time.

Most of the time it is easy to stick to our daily routine, but some times Honor throws a curve ball and our day doesn't go as planned. Not to mention, I'm usually helping my parents out with some sort of technical issue they could be having. Whether it's the cable, internet, computer/printer connection, or their iPhone, or whatever it may be - I'm CONSTANTLY squeezing in their needs throughout my day as well. So pretty much I work for everyone else, all while trying to keep my sanity! Haha. Nonetheless, whether it's jam packed, or just as simple as listed above, that's what we do Monday thru Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment