Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years

Friday, December 27, 2013

I can't believe how fast this entire year has gone by! I swear it seems like just yesterday I was 3 months pregnant with Honor and getting ready to celebrate 2012! 

This years holidays were extra special to us because we got to experience them as parents for the first time! Not to mention, adding to Honor's year of firsts as well. 

We didn't do anything too wild and crazy this year, just kept everything simple and small. We had decided to spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas at my parent’s house in San Diego. I had prepared thanksgiving dinner for my parents, Sean, Honor, and Bentley... very small, and intimate. Granted I don't have much family out here, and I'm an only child. We pretty much just ate and relaxed all day, that's what you're supposed to do right?! Lol. 

Since Christmas was just a few days ago, we spent it small with the addition of my mother in law, who drove down from LA. The rest of Sean's family was out spending it with their in-laws. 

It had been maybe close to a month or two since my mother in law had seen Honor, and we were afraid that there was the possibility that Honor forgot who she was. But much to our surprise, Honor bonded so well with her! Not a single peep, holler, or cry! Totally made our Christmas, not to mention the joy my mother in law had from her fun time with her granddaughter. To be able to see how loved my daughter is by her grandparents on both sides, is truly a blessing. Growing up, I only had my grandmother on my mother's side around, as my grandpa and my grandparents on my father's side had all passed away when I was very young. 

Sean and I kept all of our gifts to each family member simple, and all HANDCRAFTED! :) Since only my mother in law came down, she took everyone's gifts with her to give to them soon as she got home. 

I made hot chocolate kits for my nieces and nephew, equipped with fleece blankets, mini hot beverage travel tumblers, and handmade bow ties and hair tie bows. I made my sister in law some turban headbands she had been wanting along with a homemade hand scrub.  As for the grandparents, I made them all Sharpie mugs with cute grandparent quotes on them.

I was told that everyone loved their gifts, which made me feel great, especially since I took the time to make them all! 

As for New Years Eve coming up, we will be spending it with close friends and all of their kids... A great way to ring in the New year!



Thanksgiving Dinner I prepared.

Honor with grandma, grandpa, and Bentley.


Honor's first Santa Experience... Can you tell she loved it?! 

DIY Baby's First Christmas Ornament.

Mason Jar Hot Chocolate Kits.


Honor with Grandma, opening up her new toys.


I hope everyone has had/is having an amazing and safe holiday season! I'd love to hear how your holiday season has been - share in the comments below! 


Happy Holiday's to you all!!






No comments:

Post a Comment