Co-Sleeping

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Many of you may know that I have never been too fond of co-sleeping. Though there is nothing wrong with it, and it works for some people, I always felt that it wasn’t “for us”… Well, all of that had changed when Honor began not sleeping so well in her crib. For some reason that we don’t know, she was constantly waking up every 10-20 minutes, and I was finding myself getting up and out of bed more than I would of preferred. None of us were getting the adequate sleep we needed when she was sleeping on her own in her crib… so after I hit my “breaking point” I gave in and we moved you into our bed. After doing that, I still was pretty against it for the most part in the beginning, even though Sean was absolutely loving it…

Well, now it has been about close to two months, and we are still co-sleeping, and now I have become so in love with this! (Who would have thought)

Honor has been sleeping 8-9.5 hours STRAIGHT ever since we moved her in here. I am sure you can imagine how ecstatic I am that we are all getting the sleep we need!

Aside from it being a comfort thing for Honor to be sleeping with us, it has also become a comfort thing for me as well. Now that she is right next to us, I am sleeping much more peacefully than I did when she was in her own room – more so because I feel that she is safe with us and I can keep a close eye on her.

I know that co-sleeping isn’t for everyone, but I can say that if you fellow mommies out there are having difficulty with keeping your little ones asleep in their own cribs, give co-sleeping a shot! You never know, you just may end up loving it just like us! Plus, I see it as soaking up all of the time I have with her at this young age!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment